51hKmK4w86L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Long suspected of guilt in his daughter Madeline's disappearance, Branson Turaco takes an abrupt turn in his life when a lock of Madeline's hair is found in a child predator's home. Branson buys an unlicensed handgun, enlists the help of a disgraced filmmaker and a desperate intern, and heads out onto the open road. 

Clinging to the dim hope that his daughter might still be alive, Branson finds himself pursued by a team of post-human assassins with glowing skin and a symbiotic relationship with a mysterious species of eel. Lost in a psychedelic world of uncontrollable substances and bizarre evolutions, he must decide how much he is willing to sacrifice in order to unravel the mystery of Madeline's disappearance. 

What remains of a man once he sheds his humanity in the name of vengeance?

The first novel from Cutting Block Books
Available now in Paperback and for Kindle

“In Blue Eel, Lorne Dixon brings us fresh new monsters and pits them against characters that are tortured and flawed, driven and complex, sympathetic and realistic. Equal parts graphic supernatural horror and tautly paced psychological thriller, Blue Eel delivers a final twist that will hit you like a punch in the guts.”

— Tracie McBride, author of ‘Ghosts Under Glass’ and other stories, and winner of the Sir Julius Vogel Award for Best New Talent

“Chilling, creepy and sometimes queasy, Blue Eel involves kidnapped children, a sacred cult with glowing freaks, and hallucinogenic fish blood, which may haunt my dreams for some time and put me off sushi forever.
With Blue Eel, author Lorne Dixon intercuts a great thriller with subtle elements of horror that are effective and compelling. I’ll be watching for future titles from Dixon, as he’s now at the top of my ‘brings on the spooks’ list.
Congrats to Cutting Block Books for publishing this book, and to author Lorne Dixon for being just a little bit disturbed.”
— Anne Michaud, author of Girls & Monsters, Hunter’s Trap, and ‘Misery of Me’

“Take a horror story, add in science fiction elements, and tie everything together with a solid investigative approach backed by psychological depth, and you have in Blue Eel a multi-faceted novel that draws horror and mystery readers and evolves into a gripping yarn of bigger pictures, which proves hard to put down and satisfyingly impossible to predict.”
— D. Donovan, Senior Reviewer, Midwest Book Review

“A whodunit tale mixed with psychedelia, cult religion, and alien evolution, Blue Eel is equal parts terror and thrill, and will wrap its depraved tail around your senses.”
— Eric J. Guignard, winner of the Bram Stoker Award and finalist for the International Thriller Writers Award

Last Edited By: Lorne Dixon Nov 30 15 3:27 AM. Edited 1 time.